Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blue Paisley Purse

I actually made this purse a few weeks ago, but never took any pictures of it. So I apologize for the quality of these pictures. I LOVE this purse, I made the handle longer on purpose so I could wear it across my chest/shoulder, although it is a little too long, but still works. It's big enough to hold 1-2 cloth diapers, travel wipes, an extra outfit for Eli, a small blanket, and my wallet and checkbook, and I'm sure there is a lot more useless stuff in there too.



The only major drawback is there is no zipper, snap or other closure so it's just open- see how easily Eli is taking ouyt my wallet? I might need to learn how to make it close for the next one, yes there will definetly be a next one- I've already picked out the fabric I want, but first I have to make my sister and my mom one....

2 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

Oohh, I like that. I'm constantly hunting for a purse that is big enough to hold all my crap and has a long strap for exactly the same reason as you. I finally lucked into one at Target a couple of years ago and I hope that it lasts forever.

If it doesn't, I may be calling you for a fancy handmade "Rachel Original" LOL

~rachel~ said...

I could probably help you out :)
I was using one of our reusable canvas bags, and realized how ugly it was one day so I had to have something different.